Employers in British Columbia should note the general minimum wage increased to $14.60 effective June 1, 2020.
The following industry-specific wage increases also took effect June 1, 2020:
- Liquor server minimum wage is now $13.95.
- Resident caretaker minimum wage per month is now:
- $876.35 for those managing 9 to 60 units; and
- $2,985.04 for 61 or more units.
- Live in camp leader minimum wage per day is now $116.86.
This is the third of four planned increases introduced by the New Democratic Party to achieve their campaign promise of increasing the minimum wage in British Columbia to $15 an hour by 2021.
If you have any questions about this topic, or have any questions relating to workplace law generally, please do not hesitate to contact a Mathews Dinsdale lawyer.