Registration now Open!
Canadian OHS law continued to develop and evolve in 2023. We now have a Supreme Court of Canada decision on a key OHS case, and have otherwise seen developments on various issues of importance to employers and management. Our annual update will address important developments in OHS law from across the country. You will hear from experienced and specialized OHS practitioners from our national practice group. The session has been designed to help guide organizations and their management teams with effective risk mitigation, analyzing strategic considerations, and in preparing for what may be on the horizon as 2024 fast approaches.
Our session will be presented as a panel discussion and participation will be available solely by webinar. Topics that will be discussed during the update include:
- The Supreme Court of Canada decision in R. v. Greater Sudbury (City);
- Sentencing for health and safety violations: the evolving approach that should have employers nervous;
- The narrowing of the right to appeal against the orders and decisions of Ontario health and safety inspectors;
- The prevalence of harassment and bullying allegations and the multiple forums in which they are being addressed;
- Recent decisions involving criminal negligence and workplace accidents (including a jail sentence for a supervisor); and
- Other significant legislative and case law updates.
We hope you can join us for this complimentary session.
Subscribe to our OHS & Workers’ Compensation Advisor mailing list here to ensure you don’t miss the email announcement.