In May 2017, the Ontario Legislature passed Bill 127 – the Stronger, Healthier Ontario Act (Budget Measures), 2017. Among other changes, this Bill amended Section 13 of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act (“WSIA” or the “Act) to explicitly include compensation for Chronic Mental Stress (“CMS”) that arises out of and in the course of employment. These amendments came into force on January 1, 2018, with retroactive application to April 29, 2014.
Workers may now be entitled to benefits for appropriately diagnosed mental disorders that have been predominantly caused by a substantial work-related stressor or series of stressors. Join us on April 25, 2018 to learn how to navigate this new landscape of mental stress entitlement.
This session will provide:
- Overview of the new Workplace Safety & Insurance Act provisions and WSIB policies regarding mental stress entitlement
- Understanding your obligations (claim filing, accommodation etc.)
- WSIB Adjudicative parameters
- Claim filing and claims management tips and strategies for employers
- Engaging and managing the RTW process
Practical tips for developing processes and policies that address mental stress claims.
Register early as space is limited!