This presentation will discuss important topics relating to employees who are absent from work for medical reasons, as well as an update on proving just cause in wrongful dismissal actions.
This session will focus on:
- Dealing with employees who are absent from work for medical reasons
- Assessing the risks of terminating an employee who may be disabled
- Establishing the high threshold required to prove frustration of the employment contract
- An overview of exposure to disability and human rights claims
- Establishing just cause for dismissal
- Obtaining the evidence required to prove just cause
- Determining whether single incidents of misconduct are enough in the eyes of a Court
- Exposure to other damages claims if an employer is unable to prove just cause.