Workers’ compensation in Ontario is an ever-changing system. The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board has undergone a number of consultations with respect to its benefit policies, and recent case law has outlined some significant decisions that may impact how the WSIB deals with specific claims going forward. Employers need a firm understanding of how the WSIB manages claims in order to know how to manage them within their own workplace.
This session will provide Claims Management Personnel, Human Resources Personnel, Management and Supervisors with an update on:
- Changes to WSIB Benefit Policies announced. Approved policies came into effect November 1, 2014, and includes the following policies:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Determining Permanent impairment and degree
- NEL Redeterminations
- Aggravation Basis
- Temporary and Permanent Work Disruptions
- Tools on how to examine claims within your workplace related to those changes;
- A review of recent significant decisions by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal; and
- An examination of how recent decisions may impact future claims before the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board.