Join us, on 4/20, as our Alberta lawyers and special guest Dr. Melissa Snider-Adler, MD, CCFP, MRO (AAMRO), DABAM, Chief Medical Review Officer with DriverCheck Inc., explain the impacts of workplace impairment and provide the information you need to know on the upcoming legalization of marijuana for recreational use.
Issues to be covered include:
- Update on drug testing and impairment cases
- Update on drug testing technology and impairment
- Medical prescriptions v. medical authorizations
- Types of impairment from cannabis and risk to safety
- Signs of potential impairment – how to handle them effectively and respectfully
- Cannabis for workers with medical conditions in safety sensitive roles – can it work?
You, as an Alberta employer, need to be up to speed on the legalization framework and learn how you can best adapt to the changes and effectively manage risk.
Breakfast will be served so bring an appetite! We hope you will join us!