WSIB Chronic Mental Stress (‘CMS’) entitlement will take effect on January 1, 2018 and the Ontario WSIB has just released its policies following the recent stakeholder consultation.
In this session we will review what employers need to know about CMS entitlement.
- Overview of the WSIB psychological entitlements: Psychotraumatic Disability, Traumatic Mental Stress (‘TMS’), presumptive Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (‘PTSD’) for First Responders and others, Chronic Pain Disability (‘CPD’)
- What is CMS and what are the ‘new’ adjudicative parameters?
- How is this different from other WSIB psychological entitlements?
- Exclusions from CMS (and TMS) entitlement
- Changes to the TMS policy
- Adjudicative teams and the WSIB’s planned approach to assessment, treatment and RTW
- Strategies for claim filing, claims management and concurrent disability / accommodation programs