OHS law in Canada continues to evolve in interesting ways, some of which may be helpful to corporations, supervisors, management and directors and officers, while others could lead to increased risk. Join us for a complimentary annual national update on the most significant developments and management strategies, featuring experienced and specialized OHS practitioners from Ontario and Alberta.
This webinar will be presented as a panel discussion and participation will only be available by webinar. As well, the panellists will leave time at the end for health and safety-related questions.
Topics discussed during the update will include:
- Protecting OHS Investigations With Privilege – Do New Developments Mean New Strategies?
- Federal Employer Obligation to Inspect Workplaces Over Which They Have No Control
- Managing OHS Prosecutions During Ongoing Criminal Investigations
- New and (Potentially) Dramatic OHS Legislation Changes in British Columbia and Nova Scotia and the Ontario Ministry of Labour’s Revised Interpretation of “Critical Injuries”
- Drug & Alcohol Testing – The Latest Developments
- Important Decisions on Sentencing for Health and Safety Violations
- The Implications of R. v. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Other Significant OHS Amendments, Trends, Changes and Cases
We look forward to your participation in our annual update. Those wishing to submit questions in advance will have the opportunity to do so on the registration form or by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to November 10, 2017. All submitted questions will be reviewed by the panel. Questions answered during the update will be selected on the basis of the issue(s) raised and the amount of time available to answer all questions posed to the panel.