Interpreting and understanding medical, non-medical + ergonomic information is the key to managing your disability claims, including workers’ compensation, STD & LTD. Understanding this information can assist you with respect to initial reporting of an accident to the compensation board, ongoing claims management, return to work and cost reduction associated with lost time injuries.
This full day seminar will cover topics on:
- Anatomy 101;
- What you need to know for effective claim filing and disability management;
- Overview of medical terminology commonly used in WSIB Claims or in disability management;
- Understanding the impact of medication (including narcotics + medical marijuana) with respect to return to work;
- Common medical terms and their meaning;
- Interpreting medical findings i.e. MRI, CAT Scan; and;
- Interpreting medical reports i.e. Functional Abilities Evaluation.
- Identifying ergonomic issues with respect to initial accident investigation + RTW
- Understanding ergonomic terminology (i.e. repetitive)