In this session a panel of lawyers from our offices across the country will discuss the latest developments in Labour Law in the Federal Sector. We are pleased that once again, Mathews Dinsdale’s presenters will be joined by Derrick Hynes, President and CEO of Federally Regulated Employers – Transportation and Communications (FETCO).
The topics of focus include the following:
Implementation issues under the new Federal Pay Equity Act
- Overview of the legislative requirements and timelines
- Developments re multiple plan applications
Human Rights Update
- The latest on the Accessible Canada Act
- Modernization of the Employment Equity Act and the Official Languages Act
- New federal privacy legislation to replace PIPEDA
Reforms to the Canada Labour Code
- Paid sick leave requirements
- A potential ban on replacement workers
Notable Decisions from the CIRB, Arbitrators and the Courts
Subscribe to our Federal Sector mailing list here to ensure you don’t miss the email announcement.