With a specific focus on Sault-area workplaces, this breakfast seminar will provide participants with an update on key recent developments in labour, employment, and privacy law.
This interactive session will cover the following topics:
- What is the Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act?
- How can (and should) employers prepare for it?
- Is there a duty to accommodate medical marijuana in the workplace? Are there limits to that duty?
- How can this be done safely?
Drug and Alcohol Testing:
- Should employers be testing?
- What types of testing are permitted?
- What insight does the recent Toronto Transit Commission case provide?
Register for this in-person seminar early as space is limited.