The world of workers’ compensation can be complex and frustrating for those responsible for managing WSIB claims. Our Workers’ Compensation Bootcamp Level I will assist Claims Management Personnel, Human Resources Personnel, Managers and Supervisors to understand the obligations that arise when workplace injuries/illnesses occur, tools to navigate the claims management process, and how to respond effectively to issues that can arise over the course of a claim.
This level is geared towards individuals with entry-level to mid-level knowledge of workers’ compensation claims management topics, and is also often taken as refresher training.
This seminar will provide:
- An overview of Ontario’s Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997 with a focus on important employer obligations
- Claim suppression: the rules and how to avoid costly penalties
- A description of the inner workings of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) and direction about key contacts for claims and account issues
- Information about effective accident investigations and how to effectively complete the Employer’s Report of Injury (Form 7)
- How to monitor claims costs
- WSIB decisions and a review of Time-limits
- Techniques and strategies for effective claims management beginning on the date of injury
- An overview of the Early and Safe Return to Work (ESRTW) process, including forms to be completed, and techniques for overcoming barriers
- An Update on the WSIB’s Rate Framework
Access registration for March 10th Level 1 session here.