Canadian Immigration laws are complex and ever-changing. Join us as we provide an overview of the most important changes announced in the last 18 months, as well as helpful information on long standing programs and how to use them to your company’s advantage.
Topics discussed during the update will include:
- Working without a work permit: the 15/30 day exemption and how it works; intra-company trainers/trainees; after sales service.
- Biometrics for Temporary Residents.
- Compliance: Filing out an Offer of Employment Form or LMIA with an eye to a potential inspection.
- Express Entry: understanding what work experience counts towards CRS points score; understanding the process from the preliminary stage (language exam/ECA) to being landed
- Current timelines and advice on when to begin application preparation.
- Nationality and the Hiring Process: Human Rights pitfalls to watch out for.
What do these changes mean to your business and current or soon to be employed foreign workers? Our team of immigration and employment lawyers will explain the impact of these changes and will provide information and practical advice to develop strategies for the employment and long-term management of foreign workers in Canada.