In November 2016, the Board of Directors of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) approved the proposed Rate Framework Reform. In preparation for the targeted implementation date of January 2019 (at the earliest), the WSIB has commenced its first steps to prepare for the transition to the Rate Framework. This complimentary session will provide participants with an important update regarding the Rate Framework, specifically covering the following topics.
- A general overview of the Rate Framework
- An update on the WSIB’s stance regarding SIEF, multiple classifications and NEER/CAD-7
- An update on the activities that have occurred since the approval by the Board of Directors
- Transition Concerns: When will the transition occur and what might the transition look like (premium rates and experience rating)?
- Tips on how an employer can prepare for the implementation of the Rate Framework (what to do now!)